Every hamburger aficionado knows that any burger joint that prepares their hamburger patties, sauces and toppings in-house is going to be ten times more delicious than any fast food restaurant. Luckily for anyone visiting Gangnam Station, Korea, 405 Kitchen Gangnam (405 키친 강남역) is exactly that burger joint.
What is 405 Kitchen Gangnam
405 Kitchen Gangnam (405 키친 강남역) is burger joint that offers hand-crafted burgers made with 100% wagyu burger patties and artisanal ingredients. 405 Kitchen Gangnam (405 키친 강남역) only offers five wagyu burger options and one shrimp burger option with your choice of three buns (white, rye or black).
Featuring an open kitchen, the atmosphere at 405 Kitchen Gangnam (405 키친 강남역) is very inviting and comfortable. The cement floors, brick interior and school chairs at 405 Kitchen Gangnam (405 키친 강남역) reminds you of a trendy cafeteria. The time we visited 405 Kitchen Gangnam (405 키친 강남역), customers included everyone from young students to professionals to small families with kids.
405 Kitchen Gangnam (405 키친 강남역) also has a covered outdoor seating section in the back of the restaurant for larger groups or if you want to get some fresh air with your burger.
The burgers at 405 Kitchen Gangnam (405 키친 강남역) are balanced, full flavored and well put together. You can tell that the chefs at 405 Kitchen Gangnam (405 키친 강남역) take their time to create some very appetizing food. If you’re looking to get a hand-made burger similar to what you’ll find the United States, 405 Kitchen Gangnam (405 키친 강남역) is where you should hit up. Make sure you try some of their sides as well, they won’t disappoint.
Recommended Food at 405 Kitchen
The Wagyu (더 와규)
- Ingredients: Wagyu beef patty, romaine lettuce, onion, tomato, whole grain mustard mayonnaise, monterey jack cheese and jalapeno ketchup.
- Taste: The Wagyu (더 와규) burger featured a 100% wagyu beef patty that was juicy and grilled to a perfect medium. The romaine lettuce, onion and tomato were freshly prepared and crisp. There was just enough whole grain mustard mayonnaise and jalapeno ketchup to complement the wagyu burger without overwhelming the overall taste.
- Price: 8,300 Won
Sakura Oops! (사쿠라 웁스)
- Ingredients: Buttered shrimp, onion, chopped lemon, cucumber, arugula, whole grain mustard mayonnaise and wasabi dressing.
- Taste: The Sakura Oops! (사쿠라 웁스) featured buttered shrimp that were tender and not overcooked. The pickled cucumber slices were mildly vinegary and the raw white onion rings provided great crunch. The argula, house made wasabi dressing and whole grain mustard mayonnaise added a mild sharpness that really elevated the sandwich.
- Price: 8,800 Won
Beer Buddy (비어 버디)
- Ingredients: Thinly cut french fries, crushed red pepper flakes and malt syrup.
- Taste: The Beer Buddy (비어 버디) featured thinly cut french fries that were very crisp on the outside. The crushed red pepper flakes and malt syrup added a great sweet and spicy taste.
- Price: 6,500 Won
Drug Corn (마약 콘)
- Ingredients: Corn on the cob, parmesan cheese, paprika and a slice of lime.
- Taste: The drug corn (마약 콘) is 405 Kitchen’s take on the Cuban street food. The corn was cooked on an open air grill which added great smokey flavor while the parmesan cheese, sprinkle of paprika and fresh lime really made this corn addictive.
- Price: 6,000 Won
405 Kitchen Gangnam Restaurant Information
- Restaurant Name in Korean: 405 키친 강남역
- Address: 617-4 Yeoksam-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea
- Phone: 02-508-3405
- Hours: Monday to Sunday – 11:30 am to 10:00 pm